[Mesa-dev] Q: Intel/i965: how to add a new texture format (GL_SRGB_R8)

Gert Wollny gert.wollny at collabora.com
Thu Oct 25 17:02:12 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I'm currently working on getting EXT_texture_sRGB_R8 into mesa. I'm at
the point where it is working for r600, i.e.

 dEQP-GLES31.functional.texture.filtering.cube_array.formats.sr8*

all pass, so I assume that the mesa/core, Gallium, and r600 patches are
more or less correct. However, with the Intel driver I'm hitting a
wall. The dEQP test

GLES31.functional.texture.filtering.cube_array.formats.sr8_nearest

runs without error messages, the log with INTEL_DEBUG=tex indicates
that the GL_SR8_EXT interbal format is used, but the test fails - only
a black texture is drawn.

The patch related to the changes I did to the driver is here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gerddie/mesa/commit/e7bdc0385d4ef02a6aaa
82f1ee06da7c9f42313d

(There is some unrelated white space change, from a dri radeon driver,
sorry for that) and the whole series for implementing this (very much
WIP for various reasons) can be found here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gerddie/mesa/commits/add-EXT_texture_sRG
B_R8

Any pointer what might be missing would be great,
thanks a lot,
Gert