[Mesa-dev] Lets talk about autotools

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Mon Sep 17 21:58:57 UTC 2018

Hi Marek, I've compressed the questions that Daniel didn't answer into one email
and tried to answer them. Hopefully this helps.

Quoting Marek Olšák (2018-09-17 14:07:30)
> I don't see radeonsi_dri.so. How/where is radeonsi_dri.so created?

radeonsi_dri is created like all of the mega drivers by symlinking to either
libgallium_dri or libmesa_dri_drivers, the named dri is a hardlink, it's created
by the bin/install_megadrivers.py script.

Quoting Marek Olšák (2018-09-17 14:23:27)
> What's the rationale for enabling glx-tls by default without the
> option to change it?

The only use case we could come up with when we started doing meson was for
windows where TLS and shared library external are mutually exclusive, the plan
has always been that if someone can come up with a useful reason to add it we
can do that. The same is true for direct glx.

Quoting Marek Olšák (2018-09-17 14:25:36)
> Where do I find default values for meson configure options?
>
> Thanks,
> Marek

The meson_options.txt file has the default options. A lot of them are
unfortunately just "auto", which is the downside of having a single build system
that supports Linux and other free Unix-like OSes, MacOS, haiku, and cygwin
(hopefully windows soon?)

We've discussed in upstream meson about having per-OS defaults in the
meson_options.txt and no one seems to object but there are some technical
problems to solve.

Dylan