[Mesa-dev] new dispatch generator broke with Marek's parallel compile commit

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 03:55:40 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 11:24, Dave Airlie <airlied at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marek's commit to add ARB_parallel_shader_compile broke some es1 tests
> in the Intel CI.
>
> It appears the whatever generates the es1api isn't consistent, for
> example glTranslatex on my local system is 1405 in es1api but is 1406
> in the gl api.
>
> I'm no expert on this area, Emil any ideas?

This seems to be due the new registry xml parser, I'm not sure how
broken it is, but it seems like it's a bit busted, and nobody tested
the scenario where a new function gets introduced in the middle.

It looks like static_data.py has a limit on the offsets it cares
about, I thought adding static offsets for these functions would help
here, but it appears currently it all just work by luck, that the
static offsets work out to be the same as ones generated by gl_XML.py
for values above MAX_OFFSETS.

I've got a hacky patch that makes it work here, that increases
MAX_OFFSETS to 1420, adds a new entry to the end for the new APIs, but
really I think the current code is broken, and is happening to work
out, but I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious and it'll be a
one line fix for Emil.

Thanks,
Dave.