[Mesa-dev] Move adriconf to mesa repositories

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:20:19 UTC 2019

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 17:25, Jean Hertel <jean.hertel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Could not find my original notes, but the idea is roughly as follows:
 - introduce a separate (user only?) library - say libmesa-config.so
 - ^^ provides an API to query/set attributes, via numerical tokens
 - any localisation is built on top of ^^ as standalone files

Reasoning:
 - library reused by anyone to make a pretty config tool in their
toolkit and/or language
 - numerical tokens are trivial to handle and cheap - can be
binned/deprecated easily
 - translation lives outside of the driver - the driver doesn't care
about it, so don't bloat
 - translators do not need access to mesa - one less hurdle/obstacle

Hope it makes sense, not sure if coffee has kicked in fully ;-)
-Emil