[Mesa-dev] Mesa/DRI applications freezing randomly

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Thu Apr 18 13:23:08 UTC 2019

Hi,

(Please add answers to the bug you create about this)

On 17.4.2019 16.22, Augusto Mecking Caringi wrote:
> Recently applications using Mesa/DRI libraries started fo freeze
> randomly in my system...
>
> I'm running Fedora 29 x86_64:
> - Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.0.7-200.fc29.x86_64
> - X.Org X Server 1.20.4
> - mesa 18.3.6

Have you tried using older versions of each of these to see which one is
the cause of the regression?

Or latest Mesa git version?

> $ lspci -k | grep -EA3 'VGA compatible'
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Skylake GT2 [HD
> Graphics 520] (rev 07)
 >
>      Subsystem: Lenovo Device 2238
>      Kernel driver in use: i915
>      Kernel modules: i915
>
> $ glxinfo | grep -i "vendor\|rendering"
> direct rendering: Yes
> server glx vendor string: SGI
> client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
>      Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center (0x8086)
> OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
>
> $ grep LoadModule /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> [    16.093] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
> [    16.110] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
> [    16.138] (II) LoadModule: "dri3"
> [    16.138] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
> [    16.138] (II) LoadModule: "present"
> [    16.325] (II) LoadModule: "libinput"
>

> I'm attaching the backtrace of some frozen applications.

They all seem to be stuck in same place, waiting for buffer from X
server or compositor.

Which desktop environment / compositor you're using?

	- Eero