[Mesa-dev] Concern about proposed patch "egl/android: remove HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_BGRA_8888 support"

Mauro Rossi issor.oruam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 19:49:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

sorry if I'm communicating in dedicated thread, but I don't know how to
reply to existing one.

The proposed patch is based on the wrong assumption that all drivers used
with Android have RGBA_8888, which is not correct, for example nouveau does
not support RGBA on primary planes, infact we have a fallback to simpler
EGL query in android-x86 and we use BGRA_8888 (pixel format = 5)

If patch does not solve a specific problem and it will cause a regression
at least in nouveau, it is recommended to abandon the patch

Thanks for your feedbacks

Mauro