[Mesa-dev] Mesa 19.2.0 release plan

apinheiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Wed Aug 21 15:04:52 UTC 2019

(Thanks Chema for pointing me this thread)

On 21/8/19 9:09, Emil wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> On 21 August 2019 01:22:00 EEST, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net> wrote:
>> Sorry for the late breaking hold but I just realized that
>> GL_ARB_gl_spirv
>> and OpenGL 4.6 for Intel is 1 regression (I think it's not even a
>> regression) away from landing.  Can I have 24 hours?
>>
> As you have noticed I've rolled our RC1 just after your email went out.
>
>  From a quick look we are talking about 20 or so patches. I'm fine with cherry-picking the work for RC2 if we get a couple of +1 from other developers.
>
> We had the odd exception in the past, I see no reason why we cannot do one here - GL4.6 is a worthy addition :-)

I have just added some comments on the gitlab, among other things
clarifying the "I think it's not even a regression" thing. In my
opinion, both extension have been tested long using CTS and piglit, and
it is time to get some real world testing (even if the piglit branch is
under review). So as soon as Jason and Caio agrees with push those 3
patches to mesa master,  +1 from me to include it on the release
(although I guess that I'm a subjective opinion).

BR