[Mesa-dev] MESA_query_driver segfaults with GBM display

Jean Hertel jean.hertel at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 25 17:48:27 UTC 2019

Hello Veluri,

How you doing?

I'm experimenting with different ways to load and query drivers and found a very useful extension to get EGL displays directly from a gbm device.
The extension itself you can see here: https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/MESA/EGL_MESA_platform_gbm.txt

I'm now experimenting into using this to query the driver name and configurations directly, so we can get rid of the different implementations for X11 and Wayland.
So far querying the driver name is always successfull, but for some reason when I query the driver options I receive a segmentation fault from EGL.

Here is an example code showing the issue: https://gist.github.com/jlHertel/6a594b2d2d37d039ac383c8551c1b7bd
The curious part here is that using a egl display from eglGetDisplay(EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY) works fine.

Do you have any idea why this is failing?

Kind regards,
Jean Hertel