[Mesa-dev] Mesa GitLab <-> AppVeyor integration

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Thu Aug 29 10:57:06 UTC 2019

On 29/08/2019 01:12, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 20:30, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
>>
>> FYI, I've followed Eric Engestroms' instructions for better Mesa <-> AppVeyor integration.  (Thanks Eric.)
>>
>> I haven't tested, but hopefully this new integration method should now trigger Appveyor builds on pull requests too, which should come handy.
>>
>> I'm still keeping the old webhook method integration around (with a different name.)  So the list might receive duplicate notifications.  I'll disable this when we're satisfied the new method works well.
>>
>> For the record, these Appveyor runs are running on a separate Appveyor account dedicated for Mesa and FDO projects like Piglit, and not my personal Appveyor account.
>
> It appears all the results are going to mesa-dev, is there a way to
> send them to the same ppl that would get them from gitlab?
>
> I push to some of my PRs quite a lot (esp when llvm version wrangling).
>
> Dave.

That would indeed be the ideal, but I don't know how to do that selectively.

Per https://www.appveyor.com/docs/notifications/ one can use
`{{commitAuthorEmail}}`, but then this would apply to all builds (PRs
and non PRs alike.

It seems the only solution is two have two integrations -- one running
master CC mesa-dev, another running PRs CC'ing the authors.  But from
another mail on this thread, perhaps a better solution is to add a
Gitlab Pipeline -> Appveyor trigger, which waits for the result.

I'm afraid I don't have the time right now to dig into this.  On one
hand, better integration would be nice, on the other, it might be easier
to wait and see of Appevyor <-> Gitlab gets better by itself upstream.

For now I've disabled PR -> Appveyor builds to keep the noise level down.

Jose