[Mesa-dev] Switching to Gitlab Issues instead of Bugzilla?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Aug 30 13:13:08 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 21:35, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Kristian Høgsberg (2019-08-29 21:20:12)
> > On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 12:44 PM Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Quoting Kenneth Graunke (2019-08-29 19:52:51)
> > >
> > > All that I ask is that we move the kernel bugzilla along with it. Trying
> > > to keep abreast of the bugs in the whole stack is important. Fwiw, the
> > > kernel contains the https:////bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=DRI
> > > URL so would need some redirection for a few years...
> >
> > Would Rob's suggestion of creating a placeholder drm kernel repo for
> > the purpose of issue tracking work for you?

We can definitely get placeholder DRM repos and move those issues too.
And set up redirects.

(To be honest, rather than one-by-one redirects, my thought with
Bugzilla was just to statically scrape all the bug pages and leave
them as read-only static copies frozen in amber for time eternal. I'd
welcome help from anyone who had the time to figure out the scripting
and Apache runes required to make those be proper HTTP redirects, but
am definitely not going to be able to do that myself.)

> I think so. I just want a list of all bugs that may affect the code I'm
> working on, wherever they were filed. I have a search in bugs.fdo, I
> just need instructions on how to get the same from gitlab, hopefully in
> a compact format.

It's not clear to me what you need. Can you please give more details?
If you want cross-component search results in a single list, that's
not really something we can do today, and I don't know if it would
land any time soon. You can however subscribe to particular issue
labels, and when you see something that catches your eye add a 'todo'
for it, then the main UI shows all your outstanding todos, including
where people have mentioned you etc.

> The issue URL will also need to be stable so that we can include it in
> commits. From a glance,
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/issues/861,
> looks like it will be adjusted if it ever gets moved.

Sorry, 'moved' how? If you mean moved between components, yes the
issue will move and there will be a new URL for that. However, going
to that old URL will auto-redirect you to the new one.

Cheers,
Daniel