[Mesa-dev] Is it time to stop using the mailing list for patch review?

Dylan Baker dylan at pnwbakers.com
Tue Dec 10 18:13:35 UTC 2019

Do we have those and does anyone notice? I personally rarely look at the list
now unless I'm CC'd on something. That seems really bad for drive by
contributors.

But frankly I wouldn't submit to a mailing list as a drive by, it's more work to
get subscribed to mail man (so my patch goes through), set up get-send-email,
and send the patches, then unsubscribe when I'm done than it would be to sign up
for gitlab.fdo using one of the "sign-in-with" options. If you're not subscribed
you go into limbo until a list maintainer approves your patch, and I think any
follow ups. That seems even worse as most people probably aren't aware of that
behavior. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way though.

Dylan

Quoting Alex Deucher (2019-12-10 07:30:43)