[Mesa-dev] How MESA display image in case of use full software rendering?

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 25 03:10:18 UTC 2019

Not specific to swrast, but there's a "drm" platform via gbm (or a gbm
platform with drm output? I'll never remember). You should be able to
use this to output directly to a kms output. An example of such an
application is kmscube -- it's more geared to hardware accel, but I
don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with swrast. See
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/kmscube . I don't think there's any
integration with fbdev, but I also don't see why such an integration
would be precluded from existing -- however you're better off with
kms, as that's the supported thing.