[Mesa-dev] Error: unsupported relocations

james harvey jamespharvey20 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:52:59 UTC 2019

Commit 9baacf3f is: "radeonsi: Refuse to accept code with unhandled
relocations".

This has broken ImageMagick for many people using AMD graphics cards.
See https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/issues/1366

ImageMagick responded: "It looks like this error message is created by
the mesa driver. I have no idea what causes this message and if there
is anything what we could do to prevent this from happening."

And, hasn't responded back for requests for what additional
information I could tell mesa.

I see the mesa commit is to prevent GPU hangs, so I'm all for the commit.

I'm just asking what would need to be done by who to get ImageMagick
working again, using opencl-mesa.  Using opencl-amd has been a
workaround for some people.  Not sure if this is something mesa just
hasn't implemented that opencl-amd has, or if it's something
ImageMagick needs to do differently.