[Mesa-dev] Chromium - Application-level nouveau blacklist

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Tue Jan 8 09:24:25 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 8.1.2019 8.56, Stéphane Marchesin wrote:
> Yes I think the Chrome-side is very simple here: because there isn't
> time or means for in-depth investigation, if a driver crashes too
> much, it gets blacklisted. The situation is not unique, the GPU
> blacklist file is 1700 lines:
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/gpu/+/master/config/software_rendering_list.json
>
> Anyway, IMO if the biggest crashers can be fixed, I think we could
> eventually make a case to reenable.

Can Chrome crash tracking system provide following information:
* which www-page caused the crash
* upstream Mesa commit used
* upstream kernel commit used
* if crash is from ChromeOS
    - what patches have been applied on top of kernel & Mesa
* if crash is from a Linux distro
   - distro version and windowing system setup (X/Wayland, compositor)
   - package versions for kernel, Mesa, display server and compositor
     (to find what kernel & Mesa patches are applied)
* detailed HW information
* backtrace
?

So that developers could try the corresponding combination?

	- Eero