[Mesa-dev] Meson configuration for bare-bones osmesa

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Tue Jan 15 19:17:43 UTC 2019

I'm jumping into Meson land now and I'm trying to configure the most recent
release, 18.3.1, to build a minimal OSMesa containing only softpipe.  So
I'm trying to make sure everything is explicitly disabled and only turning
on the few pieces I need:

meson -Ddebug=false -Degl=false -Dgbm=false -Dopengl=true -Dgles1=false
-Dgles2=false -Dglvnd=false -Dgallium-nine=false -Dgallium-omx=disabled
-Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dgallium-va=false -Dgallium-vdpau=false
-Dgallium-xa=false -Dgallium-xvmc=false -Dplatforms=surfaceless
-Dgallium-drivers=swrast -Dosmesa=gallium -Dllvm=false -Dglx=disabled
-Ddri-drivers= build

But I end up with the following error:

meson.build:393:4: ERROR:  Problem encountered: building dri or gallium
drivers require at least one window system

Am I doing something wring here?  It looks like the meson build isn't
properly dealing with the dependencies of the software rasterizers since
you should be able to build a libOSMesa.so with only software rasterizers,
i.e. softpipe, llvmpipe, and swr, without requiring any windowing system.

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.
(518) 881-1183