[Mesa-dev] Thoughts after hitting 100 merge requests?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Jan 17 14:37:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 07:38, Erik Faye-Lund
<erik.faye-lund at collabora.com> wrote:
> 1. New MRs should probably get their cover-letter automatically sent to
> the mailing list for incrased visibility.
>
> [...]
>
> I don't think any of these issues are show-stoppers from moving
> entirely to MRs, though. Perhaps issue #1 here should be fixed first,
> dunno...
>
> Issue #1 is of course "just" a matter of writing some script that gets
> triggered by a hook. It's just work that needs to be done; any of us
> that complain about it could take up the work, I suppose.
>
> The only question is where to host such a service... perhaps it's just
> a gitlab CI step? That way we'd get some "automatic" cloud computing
> power to do the work, but it doesn't really seem like a perfect fit;
> we'd need to be able to distinguis between CI steps that are triggered
> due to new

Unfinished sentence?

Anyway, Jason did actually write that hook, and it's something I'm
happy to host on existing fd.o machines. I just haven't got to doing
it, since I ended up taking my sabbatical a lot more seriously than I
expected, and now I'm back to work I've got a bit of a backlog. But we
can definitely do it, and pretty soon.

Cheers,
Daniel