[Mesa-dev] [MR] anv: Implement VK_EXT_buffer_device_address

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Sun Jan 20 01:33:54 UTC 2019

This MR implements the new VK_EXT_buffer_device_address extension.  Part of
the reason why it's so many patches is that 21 of them are part of !70
(intel: Add support for split SEND instructions).  Ignoring those, most of
the remaining patches are NIR or SPIR-V work to add support for the
**PhysicalStorageBufferEXT** storage class and `nir_var_mode_mem_global`.
The actual Intel patches (on top of the SEND MR) are a couple compiler
patches, one ANV fix, and one patch to implement the API bits of the
extension.

As it currently stands, the only known issue with this series is my hackish
handling of **OpConvertPtrToU** and **OpConvertUToPtr**.  @karolherbst has
a better patch for it which I'll hopefully get pulled in before actual
merging.

For review, I'm hoping for review from:

 - @karolherbst and @bnieuwenhuizen for the NIR/SPIR-V bits
 - Someone on my team (maybe @mattst88, @kwg, @samuelig, or @itoral) to
review the two Intel compiler patches (and the SENDS series)
 - @llandwerlin or @rantogno for the final ANV enable patch.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/134