[Mesa-dev] Merge requests have bad and ambiguous names

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:44:13 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 1:15 PM Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:

> Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > People don't prefix merge request names with the component they are
> > changing, so unrelated people have to open merge requests they don't really
> > want to look at.
> >
> > Could you start adding the component prefix like we do for commits?
>
> Not sure if you've noticed, there are labels on the MRs that let you
> mark the affected areas better than prefixes do (like "anv: Implement
> VK_EXT_buffer_device_address" is actually SPIRV, NIR, intel common, and
> anv, not just anv).

It was pointed out to me that someone sending a MR doesn't have the
permission to add labels.  Which seemed kinda strange to me.  Not sure
if the permission to add labels is tied to permission to push to
master or something like that?

(And it would be nice if a MR w/ subject like 'freedreno: xyz'
automatically had the freedreno label applied)

BR,
-R