[Mesa-dev] Thoughts after hitting 100 merge requests?

Eric Engestrom eric.engestrom at intel.com
Tue Jan 29 12:37:51 UTC 2019

On Monday, 2019-01-28 14:29:00 -0500, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> 2. I've seen a bunch of things land where I would have had comments
> beforehand. Once the patch is in, I don't really have an easy way to
> provide feedback. In the past if such a thing would happen, I just
> take the subject of the patch, pop it into the search in gmail, and
> reply to the email. It's unclear what I should do now -- for most
> things thus far, just pinging on IRC has worked out, but there's
> nowhere to either see the discussion that led to the change nor to
> provide post-commit feedback. In most places where I've done "tracked"
> reviews, there's linkage in the commit message to be able to find the
> reviews in the review system.

Others have mentioned how to find the MR for a commit, so I'll just add
that you can reply to an MR after it has been merged, which has been
done in the past when an MR broke something, but you can also go to any
commit page (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/$COMMIT_HASH)
and click on the "Add a comment to this line" speech bubble and write
your comment there (works for non-MR commits as well). This comment will
be sent to anyone who has at least the "new note" notification enabled.