[Mesa-dev] dumb meson questions

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Mar 6 04:01:33 UTC 2019

I guess I don't fully understand a few things about the new meson build.

1. I'm trying to build the gallium VMware driver with this:

export BUILD_DIR=build-meson-dri

mkdir "${BUILD_DIR}"

meson -Dshared-llvm=false \
          -Dplatforms=x11,drm \
          -Dgallium-drivers=svga \
          -Dvulkan-drivers= \
          "${BUILD_DIR}"

ninja -C "${BUILD_DIR}"

When it's done, there is no vmwgfx_dri.so driver file. So libGL
complains that it can't find the svga driver (nor swrast).  I must be
missing something.

2. When the build completes I see that there's a libgallium_dri.so file
that's HUGE:

$ ls -l build-meson-dri/src/gallium/targets/dri/libgallium_dri.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1 brianp users 726507584 Mar  5 20:47
build-meson-dri/src/gallium/targets/dri/libgallium_dri.so*

726MB seems a bit excessive.  The libvdpau_gallium.so and
libxatracker.so libraries are also about that size.  What's the story there?

Thanks!

-Brian