[Mesa-dev] Should piglit drop bugzilla and move to using gitlab issues?

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 14:43:22 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 17:35 -0800, Kenneth Graunke wrote:
> On Friday, March 1, 2019 1:30:48 PM PST Dylan Baker wrote:
> > Quoting Jordan Justen (2019-03-01 12:22:18)
> > > I guess piglit makes very light usage of bugzilla. Would it be simpler
> > > to just use gitlab issues in the piglit gitlab project?
> > >
> > > -Jordan
> >
> > I think we should, anecdotally it seems like there are more spam bugs against
> > piglit than real bugs anyway. And when I did some digging there's a grand total
> > of ~500 bugs filed against piglit for all time.
> >
> > Dylan
>
> I would like to try it.
>
> 1. It would give Mesa developers some more experience with Gitlab issue
>    tracking, without switching Mesa over - which we aren't ready to do.
>    (I personally am fairly happy with Bugzilla as it stands.)
>
> 2. I think hardly anyone looks at Piglit Bugzilla.  There are very few
>    bugs filed there---but more importantly, very few people actually
>    read or update them.  Yesterday I went through them and found some
>    bugs that were likely fixed ages ago, but never closed.  Others were
>    filed years ago and long since forgotten.
>
>    I think using Gitlab issues would provide greater visibility to any
>    issues we want to track.  They'd be right there on the same webpage
>    with MRs.  MR discussions can link to them.  Email notifications can
>    happen and are easily customizable.

There also seemed to be rough consensus on this on #dri-devel, and
we're getting more and more bugzilla spam, so I've closed the piglit
product in bugzilla for new bug entry and enabled gitlab issues for
mesa/piglit. There's only 27 open bugs left in bz; I'll take a pass
through them to close out anything obviously fixed or no longer
relevant, and migrate the rest.

- ajax