[Mesa-dev] Writing a glvnd vendor library - imports getProcAddress not getting called

mmarkd9 at libero.it mmarkd9 at libero.it
Mon Mar 18 20:10:33 UTC 2019

Hi, I'm trying to write a glvnd vendor library. I did set up the interface as the mesa one (https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/blob/master/src/glx/glxglvnd.c#L73) but when executing glxgears, the first Glx call (glXChooseVisual) fails and the callback I did set up in imports->getProcAddress is not called (I have a fprintf that is not getting called).

To set it up I couldn't get the xorg.conf "GlxVendorLibrary" option to work on a recent Fedora28 + nvidia 410 driver (and 1.19 X server). I guess the nvidia driver is just plain ignoring it for now so I've been substituting my glvnd vendor library to libGLX_nvidia.so.1 to have it loaded. __glx_Main is being called but any other callback isn't.

The code is just a basic skeleton for now and I only did set up the isScreenSupported as in the mesa code and getProcAddress which is not getting called.

Can anybody please provide hints on how to debug this?