[Mesa-dev] [2/2] state_tracker: Handle texture view min level in st_generate_mipmap()

Paul Gofman gofmanp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 19:47:59 UTC 2019

On 11/1/19 22:19, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> It looks like the _mesa_generate_mipmap fallback has a similar problem
> (which would happen for glGenerateMipmap with e.g. a s3tc format).

It looks to me it doesn't. I hit this path in the tests I am running
with 3D textures (I made sure of that by inserting debug output in the
code), and it works as expected. Please mind that GetTexSubImage() and
MapTextureImage() driver functions which are called from within
_mesa_generate_mipmap() to access actual texture data add .MinLevel to
the actual level they retrieve.

> I think this could all use some piglit tests that iterate through all
> or at least many different formats, including both renderable and
> non-renderable ones.
So do you think it is required to add such tests prior to these fixes?

Regards,

    Paul.