[Mesa-dev] How do people feel about D3D in piglit?

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Tue Nov 19 16:25:48 UTC 2019

Ok, that's a bit of a weird click-bait title but it's descriptive.  One of
the things that we really need to get tested in piglit is the GL <-> Vulkan
interop extensions.  The Vulkan bits are implemented in ANV and RADV and
the GL bit is implemented in radeonsi but we don't have a good test plan at
the moment.  Because any such tests necessarily go across APIs, they can't
really be put into the Vulkan CTS or the OpenGL CTS.  This makes piglit the
natural place to put such tests.

Ok, back to my question at the top.  Let's say that someone wants to use
said piglit tests on Windows.  In that case, they really need to be able to
test Vulkan <-> D3D11 interop as well as Vulkan <-> GL.  One could imagine,
for instance, that maybe DXVK would like to implement such interop on top
of Vulkan <-> Vulkan interop in which case they would need tests.

So, does anyone have a major problem with Piglit linking against D3D APIs
when built on Windows?  I'm happy if it has to sit behind a flag.

--Jason