[Mesa-dev] Enabling freedreno CI in Mesa MRs

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 01:22:45 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 1:42 PM Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:

> If you haven't seen this MR:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/1632
>
> I feel ready to enable CI of freedreno on Mesa MRs.  There are some docs
> here:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/blob/e81a2d3b40240651f506a2a5afeb989792b3dc0e/.gitlab-ci/README.md
>
> Once we merge this, this will greatly increase Mesa's pre-merge CI
> coverage on MRs by getting us up to GLES3.1 going through the CTS.  Once
> krh is ready to put up an in-progress MR of tess, we can override the
> GLES3.1 run to force-enable 3.2 with the remaining tess issues as
> expected fails, and get a whole lot more API coverage.
>
> As far as stability of this CI, I've been through I think an order of
> magnitude more runs of the CI than are visible from that MR, and I'm
> pretty sure we've got a stable set of tests now -- I'm currently working
> on fixing the flappy tests so we can drop the a630-specific skip list.
> The lab has also been up for long enough that I'm convinced the HW is
> stable enough to subject you all to it.

I won't claim to be an unbiased observer, but I'm pretty excited about
this.  This has been in the works for a while, and I think it is to
the point where we aren't going to get much more useful testing of our
gitlab runners with it living off on a branch, so at some point you
just have to throw the switch.

I'd propose, that unless there are any objections, we land this Monday
morning (PST) on master, to ensure a relatively short turn-around just
in case something went badly.

(I can be online(ish) over the weekend if we want to throw the switch
sooner.. but I might be AFK here and there to get groceries and things
like that.  So response time might be a bit longer than on a week
day.)

Objections anyone?  Or counter-proposals?

BR,
-R