[Mesa-dev] Moving libglvnd to FreeDesktop Gitlab

Jason Ekstrand jason at jlekstrand.net
Sat Sep 7 17:25:36 UTC 2019

On September 4, 2019 13:27:51 Kyle Brenneman <kyle.brenneman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/4/19 8:44 AM, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 15:12, Chuck Atkins <chuck.atkins at kitware.com> wrote:
>>> Can we use Gitlab's GitHub import feature?
>>>

>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/help/user/project/import/github.md
>>>

>>> I haven't used it before but it looks like it will migrate everything, i.e.
>>> repo, issues, prs, etc.
>> Yeah, we definitely can. We can create a new namespace for GLVND and
>> import the project into there.
>>
>> Who else should I add to the group?
> I'm not very familiar with the administrative side of GitLab -- does
> adding to the group just control who can check in new commits?

Roughly, yes.  You can also do things like look at all the issues or merge
requests for an entire group.  There may be some other looking possible as
well.

GitLab has both group and project membership where everyone in the group is
automatically a member of every project in the group.  Right now, we
typically add people to the mess group rather than project because then
they have access to everything.  That has been changing a bit as some newer
contributors are only being added to the project they actually work on.

--Jason