[Mesa-dev] Release workflow with gitlab issues

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Sep 18 21:01:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 20:43, Mark Janes <mark.a.janes at intel.com> wrote:
> Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> writes:
> > Strictly, the "Reporter" access level and above can manage labels,
> > milestones require "Developer" or above. Not super meaningful since the
> > mesa group really only has Developer or above.
> >
> > I'm not super worried about it to be honest, people tend not to be
> > malicious.
>
> I agree that malicious users will be less of a problem with gitlab
> issues.  I am somewhat worried about inadvertent mistakes.  "I thought I
> was in the browser tab with my forked repo..."
>
> That particular mistake would be hard to make, but it's hard to
> anticipate accidents.
>
> When you delete a label, gitlab warns that you can't get it back.
> Labels will hold a lot of information for us.

We keep daily backups. Obviously it would be an enormous pain to deal
with, but we could get the label information back if we really needed
to. I have a strong suspicion that the bugs keep their association to
the label, so we could probably even pull it out with some local Ruby,
without resorting to backups.

Cheers,
Daniel