[Mesa-dev] Some Radeon HD Northern Islands cards doesn't work anymore after the latest DRM updates (drm-next-2019-09-18)

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Fri Sep 20 11:27:12 UTC 2019

Hello,

I compiled a Git kernel with the latest DRM updates
(drm-next-2019-09-18) [1] today. Unfortunately it doesn't boot with my
Radeon Northern Islands graphics cards anymore.

I tested it with a Radeon HD6870 and with a Radeon HD4870.

The kernel boots with a Radeon SI graphics card. (R7 240)

I reverted the latest DRM updates and after that the kernel boots with
my Radeon HD6870 and with my Radeon HD4870 without any problems.

Could you please test the latest Git kernel with a Radeon NI graphics card?

Thanks,
Christian

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=574cc4539762561d96b456dbc0544d8898bd4c6e