[Mesa-dev] Moving libglvnd to FreeDesktop Gitlab

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Fri Sep 27 16:58:12 UTC 2019

Hi Kyle,

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 17:06, Kyle Brenneman <kbrenneman at nvidia.com> wrote:
> Okay, I've imported the Github repository here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/glvnd/libglvnd

That's great, thanks! I've given Adam Jackson access as requested (go
to the 'members' tab from the glvnd group page). It sounds like it
would be good to give Matt access, as well.

Another thing to consider would be a CONTRIBUTING.md file, similar to
the ones in Wayland/Weston, setting out clear expectations for how
people should contribute, review, and ultimately merge code.

> It looks like the code, bug reports, and pull requests all came in cleanly. The release tarballs didn't, though.
>
> I guess the next step is to figure out what to do with the Github repository. I've seen Github repos that are explicitly labeled as being a mirror of another repo, but I'll have to go figure out how to configure that.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/glvnd/libglvnd/-/settings/repository

You can set up a push mirror here using an SSH key or password.

> There's also some still-active discussions on the Github bug reports that we'll need to migrate over.

What we've done everywhere else is to post a link to the matching
GitLab issue, note that it should be further discussed there, and then
closed.

Cheers,
Daniel