[Mesa-dev] Merging experimental r600/nir code

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Feb 13 13:35:52 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-12 7:46 p.m., Marek Olšák wrote:
> How do you enable LTO+PGO? Is it something we could enable by default for
> release builds?

Enabling LTO for Mesa, I get a lot of warnings about issues affecting it
specifically, making me doubt that it's currently safe in general, in
particular for the radeonsi/RADV drivers (due to issues in addrlib). It
shouldn't be enabled by default before those issues are addressed (and
ideally CI coverage in place to prevent them from creeping back in).

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com