[Mesa-dev] postmortem: arm64_test job timeouts today

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Jul 20 10:36:12 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-18 2:11 a.m., Eric Anholt wrote:

> - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/5669 would
> give us twice the -j flags for our builds on fd.o's x86 runners (such
> as for the arm64_test job)

Landing this should be straightforward.

> However, I have no solution for the general problem of "users can
> merge code that causes failing container builds for others."  Could we
> make ci-templates not use registry-cached containers in marge-bot
> pipelines,

You mean something like
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/ci-templates/-/issues/14#note_571088
?

> and then replicate the image up to mesa/mesa somehow?

This would require ci-templates enforcing that the image in the forked
registry is up to date when merging. That was my original idea for the
ci-templates issue above, but there was resistance. Maybe the benefit of
not having to rebuild the image in the main project as well could change
things though.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer               |               https://redhat.com