[Mesa-dev] [EXT] Re: GLES 3.2 support for android

Vinay Kumar Madaralli Panchakshari vmadarallipa at marvell.com
Thu Jun 18 11:06:43 UTC 2020

Hi Tapani,

 Thanks for the info.

<Reply to your comments are inline below>

------------

Hi;

On 6/17/20 11:51 AM, Vinay Kumar Madaralli Panchakshari wrote:
> Dear mesa-dev team,
>
> Is there a support for GLES 3.2 ?

What kind of hardware and Android version/release are you using?
>>[VINAY] : Android-9 (Pie) a9_r42 revision.
                   Mesa version- 20.1.0
                   Underlying host GPU - case 1: AMD RX500 and Vega series  (with mesa UMD driver)
                                                            case 2 : Nvidia T4

> The latest we are using on android points to 3.1 version.

While in practice there may be 3.2 support from the drivers, Android itself might be configured (this is a build time configuration) to advertise support for OpenGL ES 3.1 + Android extension pack (AEP).
>> [VINAY] : May be this is true.
                      If so, Is it supported/feasible to reconfigure it for 3.2 provided the above details.

> ---
>
> I SurfaceFlinger: version   : OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 20.1.0-devel
> (git-87924646db)

Regards,
Vinay