[Mesa-dev] mediump support: future work

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:43:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

This is the status of mediump support in Mesa. What I listed is what AMD
GPUs can do. "Yes" means what Mesa supports.

*Feature* *FP16 support* *Int16 support*
ALU Yes No
Uniforms No No
VS in No No
VS out / FS in No No
FS out No No
TCS, TES, GS out / in No No
Sampler coordinates (only coord, derivs, lod, bias; not offset and compare)
No ---
Image coordinates --- No
Return value from samplers (incl. sampler buffers) Yes
No
Return value from image loads (incl. image buffers) No No
Data source for image stores (incl. image buffers) No No
If 16-bit sampler/image instructions are surrounded by conversions, promote
them to 32 bits No No

Please let me know if you don't see the table correctly.

I'd like to know if I can enable some of them using the existing FP16 CAP.
The only drivers supporting FP16 are currently Freedreno and Panfrost.

Thanks,
Marek