[Mesa-dev] mediump support: future work

Samuel Pitoiset samuel.pitoiset at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:41:18 UTC 2020

On RADV, we already support fp16 with the LLVM backend (not saying it's
always optimized though) and with ACO it should be mostly working but
not yet enabled because I think we would like fast packed math support
first and I'm not sure if fp16 I/O are implemented.

There is also some missing fp16 optimizations in the ACO backend which
makes some games (eg. Youngblood) a bit slower if fp16
features/extensions are exposed but the gap should be filled soon hopefully.

I think the most important thing missing is a SLP vectorizer in NIR for us.