[Mesa-dev] swrast gallium provider doesn't work on Solaris SPARC (Mesa 20 with LLVM 10)

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue May 19 20:00:20 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-05-13 at 18:27 +0200, Petr Sumbera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have difficulties with Mesa update from version Mesa 18 (LLVM 6) where
> it used to work.
>
> Now with Mesa 20 and LLVM 10 glxgears doesn't show wheels but just some
> random rectangles. Please see attached picture.
>
> Any idea what could be possibly wrong?

You have the misfortune to be using a big-endian CPU, and that
corruption looks quite a lot like the vertex processing stage getting
channel order wrong. Since the internals of both TGSI and NIR ought to
be endian-indifferent, I suspect the error would be at point where you
acquire the vertex data from the app and need to do machine-specific
unpacking, but that's just a guess. Dumping the IR generated by each
should hopefully be instructive.

It might also be worth trying to build Mesa 20 against LLVM 6 to see if
that points to anything in LLVM, but that's probably a bit less likely.

- ajax