[Mesa-dev] v3dv is Vulkan 1.0 conformant

apinheiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Tue Nov 24 11:24:19 UTC 2020

So just a for your information, we submitted v3dv for Vulkan 1.0
conformance around one month ago, in behalf of the Raspberry Foundation,
and it is not official [1]. Here the Foundation blog post [2].

We want to thanks everybody that helped with this, but specially to Eric
Anholt, as without the foundation of the v3d driver he wrote, all the
answers to our questions and doubts, and all his patch reviews, we would
not be able to do get this done in less than a year, that is (imho) a
really nice time frame.

Right now we are working on improving the current stack, with several
clean-ups, performance improvements, and adding some optional 1.0
features. 1.1 is one the table but still not the main development focus.
We will see as we keep adding "popular" optional 1.0 features.

BR

[1]
https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/conformant-products#submission_530

[2] https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/vulkan-update-were-conformant/