[Mesa-dev] Viability of Mesa 21.0.2 with Windows 10 ARM - Snapdragon/Adreno

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 19:02:30 UTC 2021

+Jesse since he knows something about windows

So, there are few different questions here:

1) 8cx/a680 .. the userspace difference compared to a6xx devices that
are already supported is pretty small.. but I still need to find some
time to do (linux) kernel side bringup

2) mesa on windows .. ie. egl/etc integration with the winsys.. not
sure, maybe this is a thing Jesse knows about?

3) freedreno on windows .. I know fairly little about windows.  In
$mesa/src/freedreno/drm there is a sort of "kernel driver"
abstraction, so I suppose if someone managed to figure out how the
interface to the windows kernel mode driver worked, it might be
possible.  I suspect this is not publicly documented anywhere.  (Or at
least the adreno specifics are not.)

There is some ongoing work for 8cx laptops running linux, but pretty
early stages at this point.  The slightly older 850 devices are better
supported.. see https://github.com/aarch64-laptops/debian-cdimage for
example

BR,
-R