[Mesa-dev] Trying to build a opencl dev env

Luke A. Guest laguest at archeia.com
Mon Apr 26 22:36:43 UTC 2021

Hi,

So, I've built a generic LLVM tree for mesa and other projects and
installed it alongside SPIRV-LLVM-Translator into
$HOME/opt/llvm-dev-reldebug.

I have installed libclc there too, although it wouldn't build as part of
llvm and make install wouldn't install to the same llvm dir for some reason.

Now onto mesa, I cannot get this thing to build. It fails right at the
start with the following error:

ninja: Entering directory `../builds/mesa-reldebug/'
ninja: error: '/usr/share/clc/spirv-mesa3d-.spv', needed by
'src/compiler/nir/spirv-mesa3d-.spv.zstd', missing and no known rule to
make it

It's looking int he wrong place for the clc files, which are in the
above llvm dir. How do you specify where they are with this meson thing?

Thanks,
Luke.