[Mesa-dev] NIR Debugging Tips

Alyssa Rosenzweig alyssa at collabora.com
Thu Feb 25 13:10:42 UTC 2021

Hi Tommy,

Unfortunately NIR is a bit lacking for documentation, save for comments
in src/compiler/nir/nir_intrinsics.py. For Vulkan ones, the best bet is
likely looking at spirv_to_nir (src/compiler/spirv/) and seeing what
generates it, and working up from there.

Debug strategy varies per driver but lots and lots of conformance
testing (VK-GL-CTS) :)

Alyssa