[Mesa-dev] How to properly enable tegra driver for Xavier AGX board?

Qu Wenruo quwenruo.btrfs at gmx.com
Tue Jul 6 01:58:54 UTC 2021

Hi,

Recently I got a Nvidia Xavier AGX board to play around.

As I'm not a fan of L4T, currently it's running experimental UEFI
firmware to boot upstream kernel, while running Manajaro ARM (which is
mostly ArchlinuxARM with newer kernel).

One of the problem I'm hitting is Xorg always falls back to LLVMpipe
rendering, even I have enabled tegra gallium drivers in mesa-git.

$ pacman -Ql mesa-git | grep tegra
mesa-git /usr/lib/dri/tegra_dri.so

 From the maintainer of xf86-video-opentegra, for Xavier boards
modesetting driver is enough, but I still can not get the mesa driver to
work properly.

Is there anything missing?
Although Xorg is able to find /dev/dri/card0, it still falls back to
llvmpipe:

[    66.199] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    66.231] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    66.231]    compiled for 1.20.11, module version = 1.0.1
[    66.231]    ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    66.559] (II) modeset(0): Refusing to try glamor on llvmpipe
[    66.562] (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed

The full xorg log is attached.

Thanks,
Qu