[Mesa-dev] Fwd: [Mesa-users] Issues with removal of classic OSMesa

Andreas Fänger a.faenger at e-sign.com
Fri Jul 16 06:42:02 UTC 2021

>> I reviewed the softpipe code and I think I found a bug in it vs the original paper.

>> I've created an MR
>>https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/11917
>>with my proposed fix.

>>I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look.

Hi Dave,

It seems that the current softpipe code is different to the original implementation:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/f4537f99cc83cb8133f66dc97c613e95dc0fe162

The line was changed in the following commit which changed a lot of the code and readings from the description I think the change in the behavior was not intended:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/commit/2135aba8d99d5b0b5f73d97d4aac6a25d69de57c

You MR is correct; it restores the original behavior. Please also move the comment for that line to the new/original position.

Regards,
Andreas