[Mesa-dev] Installing Mesa OpenCL for Nvidia?

Pierre Moreau dev at pmoreau.org
Sat Jul 31 12:19:20 UTC 2021

Hello Murray,

OpenCL is currently not exposed by the nv50 driver — the one used by your
9400 GT as well as the 9800 GT when using Nouveau.
It is a work-in-progress though and I could give you some instructions on how
to get it going, but bear in mind that you will need to build a custom version
of Mesa and it is still failing some of the basic OpenCL-CTS tests.

OpenCL status can now be followed via mesamatrix.net, though you will need to
scroll down past OpenGL and Vulkan to see it: https://mesamatrix.net/#OpenCL.
As you can see there, nv50 is not listed as supported.

Best,
Pierre