[Mesa-dev] Google Chrome Random Freeze with intel Crocus Driver

Simone Garzieri simone.garzieri at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 08:22:52 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Mesa driver Crocus is working just fine on my machine (a thinkpad t410,
with an Ironlake IGPU), the system seems to be more responsive  gallium
nine is working like a charm and hardware video acceleration is finally
competitive with the one offered by the windows driver. There's an
annoying issue that is affecting my very positive experience with this
driver though. The issue involves google chrome, the browser randomly
hangs without a reason while using crocus (it does not happen with the
classic i965 dri driver) and freezes the whole system I have to push the
power button to shutdown. Did someone face the same problem yet? Thanks
in advance for your help and support. Have a nice day.