[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Concrete proposal to split classic

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:27:47 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 2:12 PM Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:15:51 AM PDT Rob Clark wrote:
> > Other than the minor detail that we don't have pci-id's to
> > differentiate between adreno generations, I might suggest a2xx users
> > to use -lts
> >
> > BR,
> > -R
>
> Could it be set up such that freedreno in mainline fails to load on
> a2xx (and you could delete such code), while freedreno in -lts fails
> to load on a3xx+?  Basically, don't have any overlapping HW support
> in both branches.
>
> --Ken

ahh, if glvnd moves on to try the next driver after the first one
fails, that would work perfectly.  Not sure if I'd remove the code
from mainline but might hide it behind a debug flag.  Haven't thought
it through too much yet, since I assumed it would require teaching
glvnd new things.  But it would be nice to worry less about breaking
things that aren't in CI and not easy to test.

BR,
-R