[Mesa-dev] Workflow Proposal

Eero Tamminen eero.t.tamminen at intel.com
Thu Oct 7 17:17:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 7.10.2021 19.51, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 09:38, Eero Tamminen <eero.t.tamminen at intel.com> wrote:
>> This sounds horrible from the point of view of trying to track down
>> somebody who knows about what's & why's of some old commit that is later
>> on found to cause issues...
>
> But why would your first point of call not be to go back to the review
> discussion and look at the context and what was said at the time? Then
> when you do that, you can see not only what happened, but also who was
> involved and saying what at the time.

You're assuming that:
- The review discussion is still available [1]
- One can find it based on given individual commit

[1] system hosting it could be down, or network could be down.

It's maybe a bit contrived situation, but I kind of prefer
self-contained information. What, why and who is better to be in commit
itself than only in MR.

	- Eero