[Mesa-dev] llvmpipe not supporting EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import ?

Christian König christian.koenig at amd.com
Thu Oct 28 12:02:39 UTC 2021

Well I'm not an expert on llvmpipe, but as far as I know that's a
general problem.

DMA-buf is used by the Linux kernel drivers to pass hardware bufefrs
between processes and drivers.

Since llvmpipe as a software renderer it has no kernel driver, so there
is no easy way to implement that.

What could work is to use dma-buf-heaps as general allocation interface
for llvmpipe or other software rendereres.

Regards,
Christian.