[Mesa-dev] Let's enable _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS=1 on mesa debug builds

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 17:20:30 UTC 2021

Hi,

We've been recently working on tracking down some "mysterious" crashes
that some users experienced on distro builds of mesa but we couldn't
reproduce locally, until we found out about _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS=1 which
seems to be not enabled by default in mesa, but is enabled by a lot of
distros.

I realize that enabling it by default on all mesa builds would have
performance implications, so I propose to just enable it by default in
mesa debug builds.

What do you think? Would this be okay with the mesa community?

Thanks & best regards,
Timur