GL Error Handling: Is Mesa Broken?

Mike Blumenkrantz michael.blumenkrantz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:53:14 UTC 2022

Hi,

I did a GL 4.6 CTS run today on a very recent version of CTS, and I found a
class of tests which target failure cases (specifically return codes) for
various API. A number of these tests failed, which means they fail for all
Mesa drivers, which means the upcoming CTS release will be impossible for
any Mesa driver to achieve conformance with.

I'd ask any and all GL experts to check out this ticket

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/6851

and try to help see whether the tests in question are broken or whether
Mesa is broken.

Mike