Gitlab filters in Gmail

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:28:11 UTC 2022

Hi,

Gitlab emails are difficult to filter because issues and MRs are not easy
to distinguish. I know that Matt has a script which does this, but since
that was kind of difficult for me to set up, I resorted to these filters
instead and they work pretty well.

Matches: from:gitlab ("created a merge request" OR "pushed new commits to
merge request" OR ("Merge request" AROUND 1 "was"))
Do this: Apply label "MR"

Matches: from:gitlab "Issue was closed by"
Do this: Apply label "Issue Closed"

Matches: from:gitlab "Merge request" AROUND 1 "was merged"
Do this: Apply label "Merged"

Matches: from:gitlab "Merge request" AROUND 1 "was closed"
Do this: Apply label "MR Closed"

Issues are not labeled and it doesn't seem possible, but anything that is
not a MR should be a Gitlab issue.

Marek