Forcing device loss for debugging

Christian König ckoenig.leichtzumerken at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:21:36 UTC 2023

Under the sysfs directory for each PCI device you should have a virtual
file called "remove".

So if you just do an "echo 1 > /sys/devices/pci..../remove" you
basically simulate hot unplugging the specific PCI device

IIRC the PCI bridge where the device is connected to should then have a
"rescan" virtual device which triggers hot plugging the device back in
again when written.

Regards,
Christian.